Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gratuitous Blogging!

The act of blogging just to be blogging!

I find it difficult to sit down at the computer and write, just to write. I feel no compunction to pound out words to entertain the anonymous few that may come by just to geek out on my life. (This of course excludes my friends, who are ALWAYS welcome to come by and take a peek!LOL) But, my darling wife has embraced this thing and consistantly grumps at me...."You haven't updated your blog in days!". She has even found things for me to blog about!

There are many things in this world to bitch and groan about, but not all of them are worthy of the time it takes to sit down in front of a PC and put those words to "paper", so to speak. But to blog, just to blog, is not my thing. So, unfortunately, my page may go for days at a time without an update. Look at it as "something special", to get a few words from the mighty, nay, almighty Rick!

So....that being said, My motorcycle has been dead for quite some time.


Last year, I sent it to a motorcycle shop over in Camas, WA. I spent over $1200 on this thing, and the mechanic never did get it running right! So, after much stress and 7 months, I went and got it. So, this year, my buddy gets a Harley and is bugging me (in a good way) to get my bike fixed, so we can go riding together! He even went out and found this guy who does wrenching as a side line at an affordable price. Long story short, we took the bike over there Thursday, he has had it for a few days now, calls me and says that he think it'll be about $300 to fix it! w00t! Let's see if I can scrape it together now, and get ol'Leroy back 'pon the road!

til next time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Honey...if I find things for you to blog about, it's just because I know that you, in your infinite wisdom (choke) will have such an interesting take on the subject.
from your nagging wife
[who is into gratuitous blogging, just for the sake of blogging...it's not like I have a life or anything.]

Kami said...

There's always something to blog about, whether it's to b!tch about politics as usual in town, or to talk about an amazing (or stupid) thing your kid did, or to let everyone know that you don't in fact have the plague but that you had the bad taste to dust the house and now you're paying for it. I know these things probably don't seem blog-worthy, but they are, especially to those of us who don't get to see you very often.

I know, my fault, and I can fix it. I'm such a bum! But this is my main Rick fix, so listen to your better half and no one will get hurt.