Sunday, July 20, 2008

H-D rocks!

First day on the new blog! I've tried this before, for other sites, but never feel the connection to continue it. I get so into the writing and forget this is public domain that anyone can see...so I bare my soul and then, when I go back to it later, I realize, I don't want anyone to know that about me or my life!

LOL

Well, I am going to try it again. If you are looking for words of wit, wisdom, wonder or whatever, you may or may not get it here! I am "just an ordinary average guy....".



I spent yesterday doing something fun! I ran into Portland and hung out with an old college buddy and his wife. Little did I know when I struck out for his house, he and his wife (she just got her motorcycle endorsement) have been shopping for a bike for her. I called him about ten minutes before I hit his house, and he says, "We're going to buy a motorcycle!". So, after I get there, we pile into the car and drive 35 minutes to the middle of nowhere. cute little HD Sportster. Couple of test rides, some haggling, BOOM! She now owns a Harley! Nobodies first motorcycle should be a Harley-Davidson! Mainly because I don't have one yet! And I have been a rider for more than 24 years! The cool thing about it though, is that she didn't feel confident enough to tackle the freeway to get back to her house, and my buddy (her husband) is too tall to ride the sportster comfortably...so who gets to ride the "new" bike back to the house? hehehe lucky me! Total kick in the pants! loved every minute of it!

Makes me want to get my own bike back in street worthy condition and start ridiing again. So, if you read this JD and/or Jen.....Thanks for the ride! It was awesome!



Bye 4 now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When the old bike's gone (money sink that it is) and the van that goes 12 gallons to the mile. And your new car is paid off.....then we'll talk.
Love you honey. :)

Kami said...

Tell me you got pictures ...?

And you'd better keep blogging because there have been only three entries and I'm already addicted.